Tuesday 17 January 2012

Gypsy boy

With the most charming smile he was shouting “Hey miss, give me some change. It is now time for lunch and I am hungry”. “Sir, it is almost lunch now and I am hungry. Would you please help with some change?” Some people were smiling to the little guy and were giving him small change. Others, looking busier, and for some reason angrier than they were, were just passing him by.
I watched for a while saddened by the fact that so many kids walk hungry and truly there is no need for that as it is now 21st century not the middle ages. 
I purchased a big double cheese double meat burger and approached the kid who looked about 6 years old and said to him “Your lunch have just arrived little Sir.”
One could not possibly be happier than that little kid on that sunny East European market place at about lunch time. “Oh, a meat toast!” he exclaimed. “I am so happy!”
When I remember this boy I always feel sad. Then I smile. If that boy can smile – I can smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment