Friday 14 December 2012

Killing Children


Just now on my computer screen a pop-up in red bold letters appeared.

“Breaking News!”

“Children, principal among the dead in Newtown, Connecticut elementary school shooting!”

I read the article, then I watch the short video. I don’t cry but my eyes get wet. I look at the picture of my daughter on my desk and then back on the screen my eyes go.

I know that by now, all the news agencies on the planet, TV, Internet, radio are abuzz and countless commentators, bloggers, and Internet commons will be sharing their feelings about this horror. 

On one of the photos I see children in line, walking, holding each other by their shoulders. Some of them are looking in the asphalt, some are crying. All children and adults on the picture are looking terrified. 

Reality fails me. Is this for real? Could there be anything worse than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment